A Lagosian identified as Mr. Akpos is currently on the run after allegedly burning his wife, Risikat to death. This incident took place at their residence on Ayide Osolo Street Divine Estate, in Ijanikin area of Lagos State.

Our sources gathered that Mr. Akpos and his wife Risikat were in their residence when a misunderstanding ensued between them.

The misunderstanding reportedly got worst, and out of annoyance Mr. Akpos reached for petrol, poured it on his wife and set her ablaze. After he has perpetrated the crime, he was said to have abandoned the woman for dead and fled the residence.

Some Good Samaritan reportedly took the victim to a close hospital for treatment. This issue was reported at the Ijanikin Police State for investigation.

SP Benjamin Hundeyin who is the State Police Relation Officer confirmed that the woman sustained severe burns. He added that she died in the process of receiving treatment in the hospital.

He mentioned that: “A case has been reported at the Ijanikin Police Station. And it involves a woman Risikat, 48, who had an altercation with her husband. This led to him pouring petrol on his wife and setting her ablaze.

It resulted in serious bodily burns and she was immediately rushed to the hospital for treatment, she didn’t make it. She died in the process. Effort are been put in place to arrest the fleeing husband.”

Check out: https://www.totorireporters.com/dss-official-jumped-into-lagos-lagoon/

In another development:

It was reported that commercial motorcyclist on Thursday lynched a man who attempted to steal a motorcycle. This yet-to-be-identified man did this around Ara Junction, Agric Road, in the Egan area of Igando, Lagos.

The suspects were said to have inflicted pain and injuries on the victim, as they dispossessed him of his motorcycle.

The hoodlums were making away with the motorcycle when some passerby raised an alarm. This sort of attracted the attention of other motorcyclist in that area.

The angry motorcyclist were said to have subjected the suspect to jungle justice as one of them was burnt to death.

Reacting to the incident, the spokesperson of the state police, Hundeyin said the corpse had been deposited in a morgue.

He added that; “by the time the police got to the scene, everyone had fled”

To read more breaking news, visit: