Raheem Sterling of England and Chelsea left the World Cup competition in Qatar to attend for his fiancee and kids at his Surrey residence.
According to the Daily Mail, Sterling made the urgent journey after learning that his home had been broken into while his family, including girlfriend Paige Milian and their two children, were still inside.
It was unclear, though, if the Three Lions star would return to Qatar to take part in the competition.
A report said that when Milian was at home with her two children, criminals broke into Sterling’s house and took watches worth £300,000.
The 27-year-old made the request to return home to be with his family during the trying period that followed the crime.
Gareth Southgate, the manager of England, told his squad of this following Sunday night’s victory over Senegal.
Southgate stated, “He is dealing with a family issues.
“I spent quite a bit of time with him this morning but I have had to pass that on to other people to help him with that.
“He will go and deal with that matter and we will have to take it from there.”
Next weekend match between England and France will be exciting
Sterling’s teammate Declan Rice also spoke about it to reporters.
“I saw him at breakfast this morning then the manager said he had the difficulties at home so we’ve all sent him a message.”