A six-month-old baby boy died in his sleep after his young mother allegedly overdosed him on medication so she could go clubbing.

The incident occurred on Monday, January 23, 2023, at Quarter Nine in Likomba, a Tiko neighborhood.

According to local sources, the mother wanted to go clubbing, so she allegedly gave the infant Tramadol to put him to sleep for hours before locking him in the room.

The young woman’s mother stated that this was not the first time she had drugged the child and left him unattended.

A source said:

“The first time the mother caught her drugging the child, she interrogated her but she told her they were mere pills.”


A Cameroonian reporter wrote:

“This lady you see here committed an abomination last night in Likomba, Tiko. Despite having a newborn baby of few months old in hand, she wanted to go clubbing with friends.

“The innocent child was the only thing standing in her way as she couldn’t take him to the club. So what did this girl do? She decided to give him tramadol so he can fall deep asleep. This way she can go party with her friends

“She gave her the tramadol and locked the baby inside the house. She returned home this morning only to find out the baby di*d as a result of the hard drugs she gave him

“Likomba inhabitants descended on her and got her well beaten. Forces of law and order intervened and as of now, the girl is in detention. The baby has been buried. May the soul of the innocent baby rest in peace.” 

Watch Video below: