An 18-year-old boy identified as Chibuike Emmanuel has reportedly died from electrocution in Ozoro, Isoko North local government area of Delta State.

The teenage boy was reportedly electrocuted while charging his iPhone 8 around 5 p.m. Tuesday.

According to NAN, sources in the community said that the incident was reported to the police around 7:00pm, Tuesday.

The report was filed by his mother’s friend (name withheld), who brought him from Lagos to spend the holiday with them in Ozoro.

The victim laid on the floor in the residence of the woman at Idheze Road, Ozoro, placed the phone on his chest while charging and slept off.
“It was in that process that the deceased was electrocuted. He was rushed to Okeleke Hospital for resuscitation but was confirmed dead,” the source explained

“The remains of the deceased have been deposited at the Bromic private mortuary in Ozoro awaiting autopsy.”

Police Public Relations Officer, Delta Command, DSP Bright Edafe confirmed the incident.