Borno—A 25 year old woman by name Fatima Abubakar, who reportedly killed her husband whose name happens to be Goni Abbah, with poison, said the reason why she carried out the act was because she hates marriage.

Report gathered that the victim, who was the Chief Imam of his area, came back from the mosque when the suspect, who was his second wife, allegedly mixed poison in his food.

The Borno State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Abdu Umar, speaking on the arrest of the suspect said the suspect was arrested on the 19th of October by men of the command at Anguwan Doki.

CP Umar did explain that as soon as Goni started eating the food that was given to him by the suspect, his condition deteriorated and he was immediately rushed to the hospital where he was given emergency medical attention, unfortunately he didn’t make it as he died when they returned home.

Umar went ahead and said that men of the Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department were actually deployed to arrest the suspect after the incident was reported by the family of the victim at the GRA Police Station.

He said that on the arrival of the police, they observed a large number of aggrieved youth in the neighborhood who stormed the home of the deceased to lynch the suspect however; the police were able to contain the situation.

He also said that the suspect in her statement did confess to the crime, noting that she got the poison from Monday Market when she already made up her mind to kill her husband.

He said the case has been registered as a culpable homicide before the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions before she would be charged in court.

The suspect, Fatima had this to say: ““I never wanted the marriage. Goni was my second husband; I got separated from my first husband because I hate marriage.

“Anytime I wake up with the fact that I am married, it pisses me off. At some point, I had to run to my parent to demand an end to the marriage but they always sent me back, asking me to be patient.

“At some point, two months after I gave birth to my child, I ran away and slept in an uncompleted building for about two weeks. I later returned to my husband’s house.